SDG&E’s AC Saver Terms and Conditions
BY CHECKING THE “I have read, understood, and agree to the Terms and Conditions.” BOX BELOW, I AGREE AND CONSENT TO ALL OF THE FOLLOWING:
In order to receive the initial rebate for SDG&E®’s Demand Response Smart Thermostat program, I acknowledge that I must allow SDG&E to remotely adjust the setting of the Thermostat at its sole discretion. I can opt out of such automatic temperature adjustment by following the instructions on the Thermostat or any alert I receive from ecobee, or opt out of the program entirely by contacting SDG&E, but I understand that I will not receive any further rebates or incentives from SDG&E if I do so.
I consent to allow SDG&E to share information with ecobee about my energy usage and associated account and billing data in order for ecobee to evaluate and improve its products and services. Such information includes, but is not limited to, email address, my energy consumption and billing data, SDG&E billing records, billing history, meter usage data, and rate information. My checking account and payment information will not be shared. I understand and acknowledge that SDG&E may also be required to disclose my energy usage information to its regulators, such as the California Public Utilities Commission, or other governmental authorities, upon request. I understand that SDG&E will maintain the confidentiality of my energy use data and other personal information in accordance with its privacy and security policies and applicable law.
I consent to allow ecobee to share my personal information (including, but not limited to my name, email address, service address, SDG&E account number, Thermostat serial number, activation date, ecobee account status, runtime data, set-points, and related details) with SDG&E to verify that I am eligible to participate in the Demand Response Smart Thermostat Program and to evaluate the comprehensive energy impact of the Thermostat. In addition, if I choose to opt out of the Demand Response Thermostat Program or delete my ecobee account, ecobee will share with SDG&E such information, each of which will automatically result in the termination of my enrollment in Demand Response Smart Thermostat Program and any applicable incentives offered by SDG&E.
The selection, purchase, installation, operation, removal, repair and use of the Thermostat is solely my responsibility. SDG&E makes no warranties, express or implied, including but not limited to the warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, with respect to the Thermostat, the installation thereof, or the use or function of any related products, devices or equipment. SDG&E does not endorse, qualify, or guarantee the functionality of the Thermostat or the installation of the Thermostat by me or any contractor. By choosing to participate in this program, I understand that I am not obligated to purchase any additional goods or services offered by ecobee or its installer(s). I agree that SDG&E shall have no liability in connection with my installation of the Thermostat or its use thereof, including, without limitation, with respect to property damage, destruction, death or personal injury arising in connection therewith and I release SDG&E from all claims, causes of action, demands, liabilities, costs, and expenses related thereto, including all special, indirect, punitive or consequential damages arising therefrom.
The Thermostat, and other web portals or mobile applications associated with the Thermostat, may show my estimated electric costs based on my approximate usage rates. I understand that this information does not and is not intended to replace my billing information. Exact costs based on my actual electricity use and rates will continue to be charged on my monthly SDG&E bill. Actual savings may vary and will depend on various factors, including geographic location, weather conditions, equipment functionality, usage rates, time of use, and other factors. Program funds, including any funds used for rebates or incentives, will be allocated on a first-come, first serve basis until the program ends or funds are no longer available. This program may be terminated by SDG&E or the California Public Utilities Commission without notice. This program is funded by California ratepayers and administered by SDG&E under the auspices of the California Public Utilities Commission. Participation is limited to SDG&E customers only.
Instant Rebate Terms and Conditions
- I understand that smart thermostat instant rebate Coupon Codes are non-transferable and cannot be assigned to a different retailer than originally selected and cannot be cancelled and/or reissued.
- There is a limit of one (1) smart thermostat rebate per household. I understand I must reserve/obtain my coupon and complete my purchase before 9:00 pm Pacific Time on December 31, 2019 to be eligible for an instant rebate coupon that can be applied at checkout.
- I understand that if I possess an active instant rebate coupon for a smart thermostat, I am not eligible to submit a post-purchase mail-in application for a smart thermostat rebate.
- If I receive a rebate for a qualifying smart thermostat product and then return the product to the store for any reason within five (5) years, I may not apply for a second smart thermostat instant coupon rebate or post purchase mail-in rebate.
- If I purchase a smart thermostat using an instant rebate coupon and then cancel that purchase, I may not receive another rebate in that same product category. However, if a retailer cancels the purchase of a smart thermostat where an instant rebate coupon was used, I may submit a post-purchase mail-in rebate application with proof of the retailer’s cancelation, and I understand that I will not be eligible for another instant rebate coupon.
- To be eligible for a rebate, I understand that: (a) I must be a residential customer on a residential rate with an active meter serviced by SDG&E for the installation address, and (b) the product(s) I install must qualify as described on sdge.com/rebates and be designed to reduce the consumption of the energy distributed to me by SDG&E at the installation address. I understand I must complete a separate application for each installation address. All uses herein of the words “install,” “installation” or similar phrases shall mean complete installation such that the subject products are fully functional. SDG&E Commercial & Industrial or Agricultural accounts are ineligible for this residential rebate.
- I understand that only the primary person listed on the active SDG&E account may apply for an instant rebate coupon for the premise/installation address.
- The energy-efficient product(s) must be installed in a residential dwelling within SDG&E’s service area. The dwelling unit must be fully constructed and occupied.
- I understand the program term is January 1, 2019 through December 31, 2019 (or sooner if allocated funds are depleted). The program may be modified or terminated without prior notice.
- By receiving a rebate, I agree to allow SDG&E’s and/or a California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) representative reasonable access to my home to verify the installed product I have purchased upon request. The verification of installation must be scheduled within 30 days of customer contact by SDG&E. I understand that SDG&E may contact the qualifying product vendor and/or installer, if needed, to verify purchase and/or installation and may provide my name and/or address to complete this verification.
- I understand that the rebate amount cannot exceed the purchase price. I understand that I cannot receive a rebate for the same product or equipment from more than one California investor-owned utility or third-party energy efficiency program offering rebates, financing or other incentives funded with CPUC Public Goods Charge funds. By applying for a rebate, I certify that I have not received any other rebates for the product for which I am applying for a rebate.
- I agree that the selection of qualifying product(s), selection of manufacturer, dealer, supplier and/or installer, and purchase, installation and ownership/maintenance of the qualifying product(s) referenced in this application are my sole responsibility, and that my manufacturer, dealer, supplier or installer of these products is not an agent or representative of SDG&E. I understand that SDG&E makes no representations regarding manufacturers, dealers, contractors, materials or workmanship. SDG&E MAKES NO WARRANTY, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE, USE, OR APPLICATION OF THE PRODUCTS. I agree that SDG&E has no liability whatsoever concerning (1) the quality, safety and/or installation of the products, including their fitness for any purpose, (2) the estimated energy savings of the products, (3) the workmanship of any third parties, (4) the installation or use of the products including, but not limited to, effects on indoor pollutants, or (5) any other matter with respect to the 2019 Plug Load & Appliance Point of Sale Program. I waive any and all claims against SDG&E, its parent companies, directors, officers, employees, or agents, arising out of activities conducted by or on behalf of SDG&E in connection with my application for any rebate(s) under the 2019 Plug Load & Appliance Point of Sale Program. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, none of such parties shall be liable hereunder for any type of damages, whether direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, exemplary, reliance, punitive or special damages, including damages for loss of use regardless of the form of action, whether in contract, indemnity, warranty, strict liability or tort, including negligence of any kind.
- I am responsible for meeting all program requirements and complying with my state/county/city governments, property owner and/or homeowner’s association requirements (if any) in my area regarding local conditions, restrictions, codes, ordinances, rules, and regulations concerning this installation.
- If a tenant, I am responsible for obtaining the property owner’s permission to install the product for which I am applying for a rebate.
- I understand that SDG&E is not responsible for items lost or destroyed in the mail/transit.
- I understand that if I purchase a product that qualifies for a rebate, and there is a promotion offered by the retailer and/or manufacturer, any additional promotional savings are separate from SDG&E’s rebate.
- Contractors shall not include an instant rebate coupon in the overall home improvement contract. Homeowners shall not sign over/give their rebate coupon to a home improvement contractor. Contractors interested in participating in SDG&E’s point-of-sale rebate program to offer rebates directly to customers may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
This program is funded by California utility customers and administered by SDG&E, under the auspices of the California Public Utilities Commission. Rebates and incentives are provided on a first-come, first-served basis until program funds are no longer available.