CLEAResult Standard Ts&Cs - SDGE Updated 6/15/2020
1. I understand that Generator Assistance Program instant rebate coupons are non-transferable and cannot be assigned to a different retailer than originally selected and cannot be cancelled and/or reissued.
2. There is a limit of one (1) generator instant rebate per household. I understand I must reserve/obtain my coupon and complete my purchase before 9:00 pm Pacific Time on December 31, 2020 to be eligible for an instant rebate coupon that can be applied at checkout.
3. If I purchase a generator using an instant rebate coupon and then cancel that purchase, I may not receive another rebate in that same product category.
4. To be eligible for a rebate, I understand that: (a) I must be a customer on a residential rate or commercial rate with an active meter serviced by SDG&E within the High Fire Threat District (HFTD), and (b) the product(s) I purchase must qualify as described on sdge.com/GenRebate and be designed to increase resilience to public safety power shutoff events at the customer address.
5. I understand that only the primary person listed on the active SDG&E account may apply for an instant rebate coupon for the customer address.
6. The generator must be located and used within SDG&E’s service area. The dwelling unit must be fully constructed and occupied.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
7. I understand that connecting a generator to the electric utility company's power lines or another source of power could damage property or cause serious injury or death to me or a utility worker who may be working on nearby power lines.
8. I understand appliances or devices that require backup power are to be plugged directly into the generator. I understand that I will not plug the generator directly into any electric outlets in my home or business and that I am ultimately responsible for ensuring that my generator's electricity does not feed back into the electric utility power lines.
9. I understand that if I plan to connect the generator to a building or facility electrical system, I will consult with a qualified electrician prior to doing so. Connections must be able to isolate generator power from utility power and must comply with all applicable codes and laws.
10. I acknowledge that I will read and follow all manufacturer provided safety instructions for use of the generator that I purchase.
11. I acknowledge that SDG&E has provided "choosing the right generator" information which includes tips on purchasing and safe use of a portable generator: https://www.sdge.com/more-information/safety/emergency-preparedness/electric-generators
12. I understand the program term is July 1, 2020 through December 31, 2020 (or sooner if allocated funds are depleted). The program may be modified or terminated without prior notice.
13. I understand that the rebate amount cannot exceed the purchase price.
14. I agree that the selection of qualifying product(s), selection of manufacturer, dealer, supplier and purchase, installation and ownership/maintenance of the qualifying product(s) referenced in this application are my sole responsibility, and that my manufacturer, dealer, supplier or installer of these products is not an agent or representative of SDG&E. I understand that SDG&E makes no representations regarding manufacturers, dealers, contractors, materials or workmanship. SDG&E MAKES NO WARRANTY, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE, USE, OR APPLICATION OF THE PRODUCTS.
15. I agree that SDG&E has no liability whatsoever concerning (1) the quality, safety of the products, including their fitness for any purpose, (2) the power capabilities claimed by the manufacturer, (3) the workmanship of any third parties, (4) the installation or use of the products including, but not limited to, effects on outdoor pollutants, or (5) any other matter with respect to the 2020 Generator Assistance Program.
16. I waive any and all claims against SDG&E, its parent companies, directors, officers, employees, or agents, arising out of or connected in any way with the 2020 Generator Assistance Program and/or my use of the generator. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, none of such parties shall be liable hereunder for any type of damages, whether direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, exemplary, reliance, punitive or special damages, including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, damage to property, or personal injury, regardless of the form of action, whether in contract, indemnity, warranty, strict liability or tort, including negligence of any kind.
17. I am responsible for meeting all program requirements and complying with my state/county/city governments, property owner and/or homeowner’s association requirements (if any) in my area regarding local conditions, restrictions, codes, ordinances, rules, and regulations concerning this installation.
18. If a tenant, I am responsible for obtaining the property owner’s permission to install the product for which I am applying for a rebate, if I elect to connect to any component of the existing electrical equipment.
19. I understand that SDG&E is not responsible for items lost or destroyed in the mail/transit.
20. I understand that if I purchase a product that qualifies for a rebate, and there is a promotion offered by the retailer and/or manufacturer, any additional promotional savings are separate from SDG&E’s rebate.
21. Contractors shall not include an instant rebate coupon in the overall home improvement contract. Homeowners shall not sign over/give their rebate coupon to a home improvement contractor. Contractors interested in participating in SDG&E’s Plug Load & Appliance Point-of-Sale rebate program to offer rebates directly to customers may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
This program is funded by California utility customers and administered by SDG&E, under the auspices of the California Public Utilities Commission. Rebates and incentives are provided on a first-come, first-served basis until program funds are no longer available.