- updated 11/19/18 -
1. To be eligible for a rebate, I understand that: (a) I must be a residential customer on a residential rate with an active meter serviced by SDG&E for the installation address and, (b) the product(s) I install must qualify as described on sdge.com/rebates and incorporated herein by this reference and be designed to reduce the consumption of the energy distributed to me by SDG&E at the installation address. I understand I must complete an application for each installation address. All uses herein of the words “install,” “installation” or similar phrases shall mean complete installation such that the subject products are fully functional.
2. The energy-efficient product(s) must be installed in a residential dwelling within SDG&E’s service area. The dwelling unit must be fully constructed and occupied.
3. I understand the program term is January 1, 2018 through December 31, 2018 or sooner if allocated funds are depleted. New product purchases made prior to January 1, 2018 or after December 31, 2018 do not qualify for a rebate. Smart thermostats purchased between January 1, 2018 through May 2, 2018 qualify for a $50 rebate. Smart thermostats purchased on or after May 2, 2018 through December 31, 2018 qualify for a $75 rebate. Resale products, products leased, rebuilt, rented, received from insurance claims, won as a prize, or new parts installed in existing products do not qualify. For smart thermostats purchased on eBay.com or from other resale retailers, the receipt/invoice submitted with the rebate application must show that the product condition is “new” or “brand new”. Products received as a gift may be eligible for a rebate if a valid customer provides an itemized receipt (per Term 17 below) and verifies that the device is installed at their service address. The program may be modified or terminated without prior notice
. In the event that rebate amounts change for products offered during the program period, the purchase date, installation date and application completion date will be used to determine program eligibility.
4. Post-purchase mail-in rebate applications can be submitted electronically at sdge.com/apply or paper mail-in rebate applications can be mailed to SDG&E. I understand that my completed rebate application including all appropriate required documentation must be submitted electronically to SDG&E no later than December 31, 2018, or, postmarked by December 31, 2018 to be eligible for a rebate payment. For post purchase mail-in rebates only, payment will typically be issued within 10-12 business days after SDG&E receives and approves a completed application including all required documentation, unless an application is selected for verification, which may add additional time. An incomplete application cannot be processed.
5. There is a limit of one smart thermostat rebate per household. I understand I can go to sdge.com/instant for an instant validated rebate on qualifying smart thermostats. I understand I must reserve / obtain my coupon and complete my purchase before 9pm Pacific Time on December 31, 2018 to be eligible for an instant rebate coupon that can be applied at checkout. I understand that if I possess an instant rebate coupon for a smart thermostat, I am not eligible to submit a post-purchase mail-in application for a smart thermostat rebate.
6. I shall allow, if requested, SDG&E’s and/or a California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) representative reasonable access to my home to verify the installed product I have purchased before a rebate is paid. I understand that a rebate will not be paid if I refuse to participate in any required verification. The verification of installation must be scheduled within 30 days of customer contact by SDG&E. I understand that SDG&E may contact the qualifying product vendor and/or installer, if needed, to verify purchase and/or installation and may provide my name and/or address to complete this verification.
7. I have installed a qualifying product(s) and understand the energy efficiency level of the qualifying product(s) determines the rebate amount (as defined in the rebate application). The rebate amount cannot exceed the purchase price. I understand that I cannot receive a rebate for the same product or equipment from more than one California investor-owned utility or third-party energy efficiency program offering rebates, financing or other incentives funded with CPUC Public Goods Charge funds.
8. I agree that the selection of qualifying product(s), selection of manufacturer, dealer, supplier and/or installer, and purchase, installation and ownership/maintenance of the qualifying product(s) referenced in this application are my sole responsibility, and that my manufacturer, dealer, supplier or installer of these products is not an agent or representative of SDG&E. I understand that SDG&E makes no representations regarding manufacturers, dealers, contractors, materials or workmanship. I ALSO UNDERSTAND THAT SDG&E MAKES NO WARRANTY, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE, USE, OR APPLICATION OF THE PRODUCTS. I agree that SDG&E has no liability whatsoever concerning (1) the quality, safety and/or installation of the products, including their fitness for any purpose, (2) the estimated energy savings of the products, (3) the workmanship of any third parties, (4) the installation or use of the products including, but not limited to, effects on indoor pollutants, or (5) any other matter with respect to the 2018 Home Energy Efficiency Rebate program. I waive any and all claims against SDG&E, its parent companies, directors, officers, employees, or agents, arising out of activities conducted by or on behalf of SDG&E in connection with my application for any rebate(s) under the 2018 Home Energy Efficiency Rebate program. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, none of such parties shall be liable hereunder for any type of damages, whether direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, exemplary, reliance, punitive or special damages, including damages for loss of use regardless of the form of action, whether in contract, indemnity, warranty, strict liability or tort, including negligence of any kind.
9. I am responsible for meeting all program requirements and complying with my state/county/city governments, property owner and/or homeowner’s association requirements (if any) in my area regarding local conditions, restrictions, codes, ordinances, rules, and regulations concerning this installation.
10. If a tenant, I am responsible for obtaining the property owner’s permission to install the product for which I am applying for a rebate. My signature on this application indicates I have obtained this permission. If a landlord, I understand that I will be asked to submit tax documentation regarding my rental property in order for a rebate application to be processed, and that my application may take longer to process due to review of required tax documentation.
11. I understand that SDG&E is not responsible for items lost or destroyed in the mail/transit
12. I am eligible to receive one rebate per product category per five years or for the life of the product, whichever is less. If I receive a rebate for a qualifying product and then return the product to the store for any reason within five years, I may not apply for a second rebate in that same product category. If I purchase an additional product in the same product category, I may be eligible to receive an additional rebate upon inspection verification, with the exception of smart thermostats.
13. I understand that if I purchase a product that qualifies for a rebate, and there is a promotion offered by the retailer and / or manufacturer, the promotion is separate from SDG&E’s rebate.
14. If I purchase a smart thermostat using an instant rebate coupon, and then cancel that purchase, I may not receive another rebate in that same product category. However, if a retailer cancels the purchase of a smart thermostat where an instant rebate coupon was used, I may submit a post-purchase mail-in rebate application with proof of the retailer’s cancellation.
15. Contractors shall not include a rebate in the overall home improvement contract. Homeowners shall not sign over their rebate to a home improvement contractor. Contractors interested in participating in SDG&E’s point-of-sale rebate program to offer rebates directly to customers may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
16. If you submit a rebate application on sdge.com/apply and select one of the non-profit organizations listed, and your rebate is successfully processed, SDG&E will make a donation in the amount of ten dollars ($10) to such organization, in addition to fulfilling your rebate, subject to these terms and conditions. The selection of a non-profit organization is entirely optional and does not in any way affect, reduce or increase your rebate or the processing thereof. The donation will be a one-time transaction, processed on a quarterly basis. You may only choose one non-profit per rebate. The $10 donation amount does not vary and is unrelated to the amount of the rebate you will receive. SDG&E will not share your information with the non-profit organization you select, and the donation will be made in SDG&E's name. SDG&E MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES ABOUT THE NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATIONS LISTED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, HOW THE NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATION WILL USE THE DONATED FUNDS, THE TAX STATUS OF ANY SUCH ORGANIZATION, OR WHETHER ANY DONATION MADE PURSUANT TO THIS OPTION IS A CHARITABLE CONTRIBUTION UNDER STATE OR FEDERAL LAW. The non-profit organizations selected to participate in this option may change at any time at SDG&E's sole discretion, without notice, and SDG&E reserves the right to direct any designated donation to a different non-profit organization (listed on Marketplace or otherwise). SDG&E may modify, remove, or amend this option at any time, without notice.
17. For post-purchase rebate applications submitted electronically or paper mail-in rebate applications, an altered receipt shall not be accepted for proof of purchase. A retail product receipt/invoice as your proof-of-purchase must include:
a. Retailer name, address and phone number.
b. Itemized listing of each product, including all information needed to meet the rebate criteria. You may have to ask your retailer for additional product information to include, depending on the product being installed, such as product model number, SKU/UPC number, etc.
c. Purchase date, purchase price and paid in full status is required.
If using a Home Improvement Contract (HIC) as your proof-of-purchase, the HIC must include:
a. Both your signature and your licensed contractor’s signature along with the dates each of you signed the contract.
b. The product purchase and install dates determine rebate eligibility. Qualifying products must be purchased between January 1, 2018 and December 31, 2018 and installed by December 31, 2018. Rebate applications must be completed online or postmarked by December 31, 2018.
c. The SDG&E customer (or property owner) must apply and receive the rebate.
d. An itemized listing of each product including all information needed to meet the rebate criteria such as: product model number, SKU/UPC number, etc. For rebate criteria please see sdge.com/rebates
e. Purchase date, product purchase price, excluding any/all labor charges, and payment status or terms must be included.
The California State License Board requires that licensed contractors must provide you with an HIC if the materials and labor total for the product(s) and installation is $600 or greater. It is recommended that you request an HIC from your contractor even if the product and installation is less than $600. For additional information on home improvement contracts or the status of your contractor’s license, visit cslb.ca.gov or call the Contractors State License Board at 1-800-321-2752.
This program is funded by California utility customers and administered by SDG&E, under the auspices of the California Public Utilities Commission. Rebates and incentives are provided on a first-come, first-served basis until program funds are no longer available.
Third Party Terms