*SDG&E would like this information for CPUC reporting. Your answers will not affect your coupon discount amount.
1. To be eligible for a rebate, I understand that: (a) I must be a residential customer on a residential rate with an active meter serviced by SDG&E for the installation address and, (b) the product(s) I have installed must qualify as described on the Rebate Application and incorporated herein by this reference and be designed to reduce the consumption of the energy distributed to me by SDG&E at the installation address. I understand I must complete an application for each installation address. All uses herein of the words “install,” “installation” or similar phrases shall mean complete installation such that the subject products are fully functional.
2. I understand the rebate offer is limited to residential customers on a residential rate. The energy-efficient product(s) must be installed in a residential dwelling within SDG&E’s service area. The dwelling unit must be fully constructed and occupied.
3. I understand the program term is January 1, 2018 through December 31, 2018 or sooner if allocated funds are depleted. New product purchases made prior to January 1, 2018 or after December 31, 2018 do not qualify for a rebate. Resale products, products leased, rebuilt, rented, received from insurance claims, won as a prize, or new parts installed in existing products do not qualify. The program may be modified or terminated without prior notice. In the event that rebate amounts change for products offered during the program period, the purchase date and application postmark date will be used to determine program eligibility.
4. I understand that this signed and dated rebate application and incorporated herein by this reference, all appropriate proof(s) of purchase, and other required documentation as reference in this rebate application must be mailed to SDG&E and postmarked by December 31, 2018 to be eligible for payment of a rebate. To receive a Tango rebate payment for qualifying products, an email address is required. Rebate payment will be issued 7-14 business days after SDG&E receives and approves a completed application including all required documentation unless an application is selected for verification, which may add additional time. An incomplete application cannot be processed.
5. I will allow, if requested, SDG&E’s and/or a California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) representative reasonable access to my home to verify the installed product I have purchased before a rebate is paid. I understand that a rebate will not be paid if I refuse to participate in any required verification. The verification of installation must be scheduled within 30 days of customer contact by SDG&E. I understand that SDG&E may contact the qualifying product vendor and/or installer, if needed, to verify purchase and/or installation and may provide my name and/or address to complete this verification.
6. I have installed a qualifying product(s) and understand the energy efficiency level of the qualifying product(s) determines the rebate amount (as defined in the rebate application). The rebate amount cannot exceed the purchase price. I understand that I cannot receive a rebate for the same product or equipment from more than one California investor-owned utility or third-party energy efficiency program offering rebates, financing or other incentives funded with CPUC Public Goods Charge funds.
7. I agree that the selection of qualifying product(s), selection of manufacturer, dealer, supplier and/or installer, and purchase, installation and ownership/maintenance of the qualifying product(s) referenced in this application are my sole responsibility, and that my manufacturer, dealer, supplier or installer of these products is not an agent or representative of SDG&E. I understand that SDG&E makes no representations regarding manufacturers, dealers, contractors, materials or workmanship. I ALSO UNDERSTAND THAT SDG&E MAKES NO WARRANTY, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE, USE, OR APPLICATION OF THE PRODUCTS. I agree that SDG&E has no liability whatsoever concerning (1) the quality, safety and/or installation of the products, including their fitness for any purpose, (2) the estimated energy savings of the products, (3) the workmanship of any third parties, (4) the installation or use of the products including, but not limited to, effects on indoor pollutants, or (5) any other matter with respect to the 2018 Home Energy Efficiency Rebate program. I waive any and all claims against SDG&E, its parent companies, directors, officers, employees, or agents, arising out of activities conducted by or on behalf of SDG&E in connection with my application for any rebate(s) under the 2018 Home Energy Efficiency Rebate program. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, none of such parties shall be liable hereunder for any type of damages, whether direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, exemplary, reliance, punitive or special damages, including damages for loss of use regardless of the form of action, whether in contract, indemnity, warranty, strict liability or tort, including negligence of any kind.
8. I am responsible for meeting all program requirements and complying with my state/county/city governments, property owner and/or homeowner’s association requirements (if any) in my area regarding local conditions, restrictions, codes, ordinances, rules, and regulations concerning this installation.
9. If a tenant, I am responsible for obtaining the property owner’s permission to install the product for which I am applying for a rebate. My signature on this application indicates I have obtained this permission.
10. I understand that SDG&E is not responsible for items lost or destroyed in the mail/transit.
11. I am eligible to receive one rebate per product per five years or for the life of the product, whichever is less. If I receive a rebate for a qualifying product and then return the product to the store for any reason within five years, I may not apply for a second rebate on that same product.
12. Contractors shall not include a rebate in the overall home improvement contract. Homeowners shall not sign over their rebate to a home improvement contractor. Contractors interested in participating in SDG&E’s point-of-sale rebate program to offer rebates directly to customers may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. This program is funded by California utility customers and administered by SDG&E, under the auspices of the California Public Utilities Commission. Rebates and incentives are provided on a first-come, first-served basis until program funds are no longer available.