Instant Rebate Terms and Conditions
As of January 1, 2020
1. I understand that smart thermostat instant rebate Coupon Codes are non-transferable and cannot be assigned to a different retailer than originally selected and cannot be cancelled and/or reissued.
2. There is a limit of one (1) smart thermostat rebate per household. I understand I must reserve/obtain my coupon and complete my purchase before 9:00 pm Pacific Time on December 31, 2020 to be eligible for an instant rebate coupon that can be applied at checkout.
3. If I receive a rebate for a qualifying smart thermostat product and then return the product to the store for any reason within five (5) years, I may not apply for a second smart thermostat instant coupon rebate.
4. If I purchase a smart thermostat using an instant rebate coupon and then cancel that purchase, I may not receive another rebate in that same product category. However, if a retailer cancels the purchase of a smart thermostat where an instant rebate coupon was used, I may submit proof of the retailer's cancelation to the program at email@example.com for review.
5. To be eligible for a rebate, I understand that: (a) I must be a residential customer on a residential rate with an active meter serviced by SDG&E for the installation address, and (b) the product(s) I install must qualify as described on sdge.com/rebates and be designed to reduce the consumption of the energy distributed to me by SDG&E at the installation address. I understand I must complete a separate application for each installation address. All uses herein of the words "install", "installation" or similar phrases shall mean complete installation such that the subject products are fully functional. SDG&E Commercial & Industrial or Agricultural accounts are ineligible for this residential rebate.
6. I understand that only the primary person listed on the active SDG&E account may apply for an instant rebate coupon for the premise/installation address.
7. The energy-efficient product(s) must be installed in a residential dwelling within SDG&E's service area. The dwelling unit must be fully constructed and occupied.
8. I understand the program term is January 1, 2020 through December 31, 2020 (or sooner if allocated funds are depleted). The program may be modified or terminated without prior notice.
9. By receiving a rebate, I agree to allow SDG&E's and/or a California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) representative reasonable access to my home to verify the installed product I have purchased upon request. The verification of installation must be scheduled within 30 days of customer contact by SDG&E. I understand that SDG&E may contact the qualifying product vendor and/or installer, if needed, to verify purchase and/or installation and may provide my name and/or address to complete this verification.
10. I understand that the rebate amount cannot exceed the purchase price. I understand that I cannot receive a rebate for the same product or equipment from more than one California investor-owned utility or third-party energy efficiency program offering rebates, financing or other incentives funded with CPUC Public Goods Charge funds. By applying for a rebate, I certify that I have not received any other rebates for the product for which I am applying for a rebate.
11. I agree that the selection of qualifying product(s), selection of manufacturer, dealer, supplier and/or installer, and purchase, installation and ownership/maintenance of the qualifying product(s) referenced in this application are my sole responsibility, and that my manufacturer, dealer, supplier or installer of these products is not an agent or representative of SDG&E. I understand that SDG&E makes no representations regarding manufacturers, dealers, contractors, materials or workmanship. SDG&E MAKES NO WARRANTY, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE, USE, OR APPLICATION OF THE PRODUCTS. I agree that SDG&E has no liability whatsoever concerning (1) the quality, safety and/or installation of the products, including their fitness for any purpose, (2) the estimated energy savings of the products, (3) the workmanship of any third parties, (4) the installation or use of the products including, but not limited to, effects on indoor pollutants, or (5) any other matter with respect to the 2020 Plug Load & Appliance Point of Sale Program. I waive any and all claims against SDG&E, its parent companies, directors, officers, employees, or agents, arising out of activities conducted by or on behalf of SDG&E in connection with my application for any rebate(s) under the 2020 Plug Load & Appliance Point of Sale Program. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, none of such parties shall be liable hereunder for any type of damages, whether direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, exemplary, reliance, punitive or special damages, including damages for loss of use regardless of the form of action, whether in contract, indemnity, warranty, strict liability or tort, including negligence of any kind.
12. I am responsible for meeting all program requirements and complying with my state/county/city governments, property owner and/or homeowner's association requirements (if any) in my area regarding local conditions, restrictions, codes, ordinances, rules, and regulations concerning this installation.
13. If a tenant, I am responsible for obtaining the property owner's permission to install the product for which I am applying for a rebate.
14. I understand that SDG&E is not responsible for items lost or destroyed in the mail/transit.
15. I understand that if I purchase a product that qualifies for a rebate, and there is a promotion offered by the retailer and/or manufacturer, any additional promotional savings are separate from SDG&E's rebate.
16. Contractors shall not include an instant rebate coupon in the overall home improvement contract. Homeowners shall not sign over/give their rebate coupon to a home improvement contractor. Contractors interested in participating in SDG&E's point-of-sale rebate program to offer rebates directly to customers may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
This program is funded by California utility customers and administered by SDG&E, under the auspices of the California Public Utilities Commission. Rebates and incentives are provided on a first-come, first-served basis until program funds are no longer available.